5 Patterns to Try in Your Next Custom Perforated Metal Sheeting Job
If you’re looking for a way to make a bold statement or add a touch of elegance to your next architectural or design project, custom perforated metal sheets may be the answer. Not only can they enhance the visual appeal of a space, perforated metal sheeting also offers a string of practical benefits, such as acoustical support, added privacy, and enhanced heat regulation.
When it comes to selecting the right perforated metal sheet pattern, there are a plethora of options to choose from, each with its own unique advantages and aesthetic qualities.
In this article, we’ll explore five popular patterns that can take your custom perforated metal sheeting job to the next level.
What are the Advantages of Incorporating Perforated Metal Sheets Into My Project?
Everyone from individuals to organisations can realise many benefits with the strategic use of well-designed perforated metal sheets, including:
- Unique visual impact: Implementing perforated metal sheets makes a bold, eye-catching statement, creating a distinct look for your building or structure. What’s more, they act as an attractive feature for passers-by or a notable landmark. Many original and engaging designs can be created with a pattern-perforated metal sheet, including corporate logos, themed patterns or totally novel shapes.
- Acoustic enhancements: Perforated metal sheeting can positively affect the sound quality and overall acoustics of a building. By acting as a facing for acoustic foam or serving as a tuned resonant absorber, they can absorb sound at specific frequencies.
- Privacy: Using perforated steel as screens for outdoor areas or near windows can help limit outside visibility while still allowing those inside to see out. This is particularly useful in settings such as medical facilities and business offices where privacy is paramount. Perforated metal sheeting can also partition indoor spaces while maintaining an open feel.
- Sunlight and heat management: While large windows provide a connection to the outside world, they can also allow excess heat and light to enter a building. A pattern-perforated metal sheet can deflect sunlight and associated heat, providing valuable shade and reducing cooling costs.
Different Types of Expert & Beginner Metal Engraving Patterns
Perforated metal sheeting is available in various designs, each with unique visual and practical applications. Here are some of the most common:
1. Uniform Grid and Creative Square Patterns
The uniform grid pattern features repeated and consistent squares or rectangles, providing a stable visual appearance, especially when utilising curved sheets to create a more organic feel, evoking natural waveforms. As mentioned above, you can also adjust the size and spacing of the perforations to address your acoustic and privacy concerns, while still managing a soothing repetition of the grid pattern.
2. Honeycomb Pattern
The unmistakable honeycomb pattern is inspired by the highly efficient and organised society of bee colonies. With hexagons neatly fitting together, the honeycomb pattern is visually pleasing and can be used for privacy screens, fences, and facades. Plus, the variety of honeycomb sizes allows for versatility, with the potential for both internal and external applications.
3. Champagne Pattern
This pattern features differently sized circular perforations, creating a fun and whimsical atmosphere. If you’re eager to move away from regimented designs and introduce something a little abstract, the champagne pattern is an easy-to-install and eye-catching design perfect for various settings, offering a unique touch to any project.
4. Herringbone Pattern
The herringbone pattern is a popular design often found throughout classic and contemporary settings alike. It features zigzagged rows of rectangles or parallelograms that create an orderly yet intricate design. Herringbone can be used for aesthetic purposes alone, or as a means of privacy or sunscreens.
5. Mesh Pattern
The mesh pattern utilises small holes situated close together to create a fine detail pattern that regulates sunlight and serves as an effective privacy screen. The uniformity and versatility of mesh patterns make it an ideal choice for a variety of applications, such as regulating sunlight and heat exposure.
Finding the Right Partner for Your Perforated Metal Sheets
Having a dependable and experienced partner to help create the right perforated metal sheets for your project is crucial. KNS Metals has the expertise, tools, and specialist team to produce both standard and custom perforated metal that will suit the unique needs of your project.
Contact us today to learn more.